Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Early Morning Teatime

Sometimes, if I wake up a little bit early on school days, I have time to drink a cup of tea before I have to get ready to leave.  I’m not allowed to have tea with caffeine in it (Katie says I have plenty of energy all on my own), but I can have herbal tea.  There’s a really good cinnamon apple flavor that is my favorite.  I put lots of honey in it and it tastes all spicy and sweet at the same time - so yummy!  I like to wrap up in a blanket in the cozy armchair and drink it where it’s all nice and quiet.  Sometimes, if Nancy Drew is awake (and she usually is; she has to get up very early to start working on her mystery solving) she joins me.  She has her own teeny little tea cup, but she has to drink pretend tea because Katie says I might forget and kick her cup over and spill on the furniture when I get up to wash out my cup.


Morning teatime is the perfect time of day to think about problems you have to solve, or to read another chapter of a good book before you have to go to school.  I love nice quiet mornings!

2 comments:

  1. Yum! That sounds like a really nice tradition. I tend to drink herbal tea in the evenings. There's a yummy chocolate strawberry flavor that I really like. I'm quite the coffee drinker, so that's what I drink in the mornings.

    I love that you have a doll named Nancy Drew! I don't have an American Girl doll yet, but I think I want Cécile since she speaks French.

    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolate strawberry??? YUM!! I need to look for that next time I am at the store!! It sounds delicious. :-)

    ReplyDelete