Wednesday, May 30, 2012

My Favorite Disney Girl

Do you have a favorite Disney movie or character?  My answer to those questions is very easy.  It's Mulan for both - no comparison!  She is tough and brave and smart, and the scene in the movie where she decides to go to war in her father's place to save his life is really awesome...watching it kind of makes me want to give myself an epic haircut with a sword just like Mulan does. :)  Here is a clip of the haircut scene, complete with the synthesizer soundtrack that just makes the whole scene perfect:




I have seen almost all the Disney cartoon movies, I think.  I like most of them, but I'll confess that I don't like the character of Cinderella very much at all (sorry if she's your favorite). :(  I just think Cinderella is one of the wimpiest girls ever, because all she does is cry and cry and give up when things don't go her way.  If it weren't for her mouse friends making her a ballgown and getting her the key to unlock her room so she can see her prince at the end, and of course her fairy godmother fixing things so she can go to the ball, all she'd do is sit alone in her room and weep piteously.  She'd never go anywhere or do anything.  I think she would drive me a little nuts if she was my friend, to tell you the truth.  But not Mulan - she's the kind of person you could have an adventure with.

I've been a little fixated on Disney stuff lately, because...I'm going to Disney World!!  I've always, always wanted to go there, and now I finally will get to.  I almost got to go to Disneyland in California, but Katie LEFT ME AT HER SISTER'S HOUSE because she said I was too short to go on any of the rides.  I thought that was very mean of her.  I may not be a Cinderella fan, but I still wanted to see her famous castle!  But now my best friend Hodel has invited me to go to Disney World with her, so at last I will get to see what it's like.  I CAN'T WAIT!!!

7 comments:

  1. Nice to have you back, Anna Lee! Be sure an post pics of your Disney World Adventure! And I like Mulan too. And if a stronger Cinderella is what you like, you should watch the movie "Ever After". That Cinderella character was brave, smart, could beat up on boys and was good w/ a sword!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hardygirl66, I LOVE Ever After!! The Cinderella character in that movie is awesome. Thanks for reminding me of it; now I want to watch it again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anna Lee,

    I actually prefer Ever After to Disney any day, but my favorite actual Disney Princess is Belle. I like that she's French of course! I also love the non-traditional Disney women, like Megara from Hercules and Esmeralda from The Hunchback of Notre Dame. Mulan is another favorite of mine, and I've been really impressed with the newest additions, Tiana and Rapunzel. I'm really looking forward to seeing Brave and meeting Merida!

    Have fun in Disney World with Hodel! I shall look forward to seeing pictures. :)

    -Sophie

    P.S. Do you watch the show Once Upon A Time? I'm in love with it! Snow White has never been my favorite Disney movie, but I LOVE the Snow White character on the show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg anna lee mulan is awsome
    I love sham po

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sooooo excited for you, what a wonderful blessing to share Disney World with your best friend too. Hodel and you will have a blast together. Marsali is the only one out of our family that has ever gone to Disney World or anywhere like that. You guys have tons of fun and write and let us know what all you got to do ..

    Hugs,
    Taryn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I awarded you the Colorful Blog award!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, I just saw Inky's blog and Hodel is at her place in NYC. So did you 2 go to Disney World?

    ReplyDelete