Saturday, October 8, 2011

School Days

Guess what.  Since Hodel is staying with me for three whole months, she gets to come to my school with me!  I was very excited about this, but Hodel was nervous.  She is homeschooled, so she was not sure about coming to a regular school where she does not know anyone (except me, of course).  But now she has finished her very first week of school, and it was a success!  All the girls think she is nice and are jealous that I get to have my best friend stay with me like a sister for such a nice long visit.

My school is just down the street, so Hodel and I get to walk there all by ourselves. 


 I like to get there nice and early, before the school buses arrive, so I don't have to worry about missing the bell and being late.




And then, Hodel and I can sit by the pillars and talk until the bell rings.  On her first day, I taught her the secret eye blinking code that I have with my friends who sit near me, so we can 'talk' without the teacher knowing.  One blink of the eyes means, 'this is so boring, don't you think!'  Two blinks means, 'want to play with me at recess?'  One wink means 'yes,' and two winks means 'no.'  This is all we have made up so far.


As soon as the first bell rings, the doors open up and we can go inside to start the day.  I'm so glad Hodel had a good first week at school!  Now we just have to be careful that we don't talk too much and get in trouble.  That's always a possible problem when you are sitting next to your best friend. :-)  We will have to work more on the secret eye blinking code!

No comments:

Post a Comment