Sunday, November 20, 2011

Cinnamon Roll Day!

One of my favorite things about the holiday season is that we get to have cinnamon rolls for breakfast one morning every weekend.  We start having them the first weekend after Halloween and go right through New Years.  They are so good!  I always thought the regular cinnamon rolls with white frosting were my favorites, but today we had orange-flavored cinnamon rolls with orange frosting, and man, were they good!!  They were also made like a spiral, so you could grab the end and unroll it as you ate.  Hodel and I shared one, since they were rather big.  On cinnamon roll days we don't have to eat breakfast at the table, either - we can eat in the living room and watch cartoons on the big T.V. while we eat.  Hodel and I mostly talked about our Thanksgiving plans, though.  We only have to be in school for three days, and then we are going to Wisconsin for Thanksgiving!!  I can't wait.


We have also started putting up Christmas decorations.  We decorated the little mini blue spruce tree this weekend.  It is almost small enough for Nancy and Rosie, so they helped us.  I can't wait till it gets dark tonight so we can sit in the living room with the little tree all lit up!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Anna Lee,

    Cinnamon rolls! In Paris, I love to visit the bakeries for warm briôches, which is what we call cinnamon rolls. Yum, I can almost taste them now! That's a pretty cool holiday tradition that you have! Usually I stick with having pancakes or muffins on the weekends.

    I don't really celebrate Thanksgiving, but I love having time off from school! The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade is always a treat to watch, if only because of the Broadway show excerpts. Will you and Hodel be watching? I know how much Hodel loves the theatre.

    That tree is so pretty!

    ~Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brioches - so THAT'S what they are!! I've heard that word said a lot, but I never knew they were cinnamon rolls! Cool...next time we have cinnamon roll day I will call them brioches and pretend I am a very sophisticated Parisian girl. :-) I love watching the Macy's Parade, too, but I'm not sure if we'll get to watch it this year - we might not leave for Wisconsin until Thanksgiving morning, and if we do that we'll definitely miss it. :-(

    ReplyDelete