Saturday, November 19, 2011

A Thanksgiving Party

Today Hodel and I were invited to a Thanksgiving party!  My friend Tora from school and tap class hosted it with her cousin, Skye.  Tora told us to bring our dolls, so I brought Nancy and Hodel brought Rosie. 


I've never met Skye before, and she was really nice, and wore awesome blue glasses.  I wanted to ask her if I could try them on, because if they look good on me maybe I will get a pair like that the next time I need new glasses.  But I was too shy to ask her.  Maybe if I get to know her a little more I will.

Then my good friends Min and Becca arrived with their dolls, and we all hung out and talked and laughed about all kinds of stuff. 


Of course, at a Thanksgiving party the main thing you have to do is eat a big meal, and we did!  We even got to drink yummy apple cider out of Tora's mom's good china glasses.


Our dolls had their very own tiny table in front of the fireplace, and they had a very nice Thanksgiving tea together.


Before dinner was over we all went around the table and said what we were thankful for.  We all agreed we were thankful for the big things like family and friends and our houses and food and all those very important things, so we tried to come up with some more unusual things to be thankful for.  Hodel said she was thankful for getting to act in plays and have so much fun working with the other actors and actresses to entertain people.  At first I was going to say I was thankful for books, because they help you to imagine you are all sorts of people doing all sorts of things, but I then I thought of something even better, and said I was thankful for imagination itself.  Because while I can imagine all sorts of things, I can't imagine what my life would be like without an imagination.  Dull and boring - I know that much!  I'm very glad my life is anything but. :-)

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a good time at the party! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anna Lee,

    That was nice of Tora and her cousin to invite you and Hodel to a party! You girls look very nicely dressed. I particularly love the sweaters that you and Hodel are wearing - those are perfect Thanksgiving party attire!

    I think it's cute that your dolls had their own table!

    Sophie

    ReplyDelete