Sunday, January 29, 2012

Hodel is Going Home :-(

You know what the best thing in the world is?  Having your best friend come to stay with you for a nice long time.  You know what the worst thing is?  When she has to go back home. :-(  I think saying goodbye is always worse when it's the other person leaving and you staying.  When it's you going back home, there's excitement about it since you miss your family and pets and your own bed, and it's nice to see those things again.  But when it's you staying, everything's the same except that your friend isn't there anymore...and it seems very lonely for awhile. :-(

I helped Hodel gather up her things, even though I did not want to.


But Hodel had a surprise for me.  She took out a special gift box with a big bow and said it was for me.  "This is my thank you present for hosting me for the holidays this year," she said.  "I hope you like it."


I was so surprised.  "But you already gave me my holiday presents!" I insisted.

"Yes, but I knew you'd probably feel sad and lonely when I had to leave," Hodel said, "so I wanted to save something to give you now, so you can have a nice surprise to make you feel better."

You see, that's one of the reasons why Hodel is my very good friend, because she really cares about her friends' feelings and always wants them to be happy.  I opened up the box and found a beautiful Hanukkah sweater, two white hairbows, and a little blue teddy bear!!


I was very excited, so of course I pulled off my hoodie and pink hairbows to try on the awesome sweater and bows right away.  "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I squealed to Hodel.  "I love it all!"


Then Hodel gave me the biggest hug.  "I'm going to miss you, Anna Lee," she said.  "I've had the best time with you, just like always.  Thank you so much for having me."

 "I'm going to miss you, too," I said, and tried very hard not to cry.  "Thank YOU so much for coming."


"Don't worry - we'll see each other again!" Hodel said.

And I'm sure we will...but the house will seem so quiet and empty without her here!!  Maybe I need to plan a big slumber party or something to lift my spirits.

7 comments:

  1. That is so sweet of Hodel to give you a present. I know you will miss her, but at least you can write to each other.

    ~ Kiki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I know how that feels! Bye Hodel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am soooo excited that you two had the fun you did this year, we have enjoyed you sharing your excitement and awesome time together as friends. That gift was so neat of Hodel to get for you, that will remind you of her everytime you put it on. What a special friend.

    Hugs,
    Taryn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, saying goodbye to friends is the worst! I'm sure Hodel is looking forward to sleeping in her own bed, though, and I'm sure you'll see her again soon. That was very thoughtful of her to give you such lovely presents. That is such a cute sweater!

    You will just have to plan some kind of party for your other friends. That'll cheer you up!

    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saying goodbye is terrible! I know because when my friend Quinn left i felt so sad...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Anna Lee!

    I wanted to let you know that I nominated your blog for The Versatile Blogger Award!

    http://sophie-amelie.blogspot.com/2012/03/versatile-blogger-award-tag.html

    -Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi sophie anna lee violette all u girls are gifts to god im so sorry hodel went home anna lee god luvs her u luv her god is keeping her safe lets pray
    Heavenly father i thank u for anna lee hodel ithank u for putting u in there hearts be with them amen
    Bye

    ReplyDelete