Sunday, December 4, 2011

Haul Out the Holly...

Today Hodel and I put up the special Christmas tree that is just our size!  I untangled the lights while Hodel tried to keep the gold star garland under control.  It was going a little crazy and all over the place after being packed up tight in a box for a whole year.


First we put on the lights and the star garland and strands of beads - all the stuff that wraps around the tree.  I thought it looked pretty nice just like this, before we even put any ornaments on!  We only needed a TINY bit of help to get the decorations up at the very top of the tree.


Even though it looked fancy before the ornaments, of course we still put them all on.  I am sure most people think this about their own tree, but I really do think our Christmas tree is the prettiest one in the whole world!


Then Hodel got out the Hanukkah decorations - the menorah and dreidel and gelt coins.  You are not really supposed to put the candles in the menorah until Hanukkah starts, but I really wanted to see what the menorah would look like all full with candles, so Hodel put them in for me. 


Hodel is going to teach me how to play dreidel as soon as Hanukkah starts - I can't wait to try it!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi! Now I'm singing "Haul out the Holllllllly," Anyways, your house looks so pretty. I'm really interested to hear more about Hanukkah from you. I also love your snowmen turtlenecks.
    -Makennah

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a catchy song, isn't it? I couldn't stop singing it after I wrote this blog entry! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loryn, Lynsy, and Logan are going to teach us about Hanukkah this year too, they love to celebrate their holidays too.

    Hugs,
    Taryn

    ReplyDelete