Monday, December 5, 2011

St. Nicholas Day Eve!

Tomorrow is St. Nicholas Day!  That means Santa Claus comes tonight to fill our stockings with candy and little treats.  It also means we have to write our Christmas lists and put them in our stockings before we go to bed so Santa can take them back to the North Pole with him. 

Hodel and I got dressed in our special holiday pajamas and worked on our lists.  My special Christmas pajamas are my red footie ones, and I only wear them for St. Nicholas Day and the few days just before Christmas.  Hodel borrowed my blue and gray striped pajamas to use for her special holiday pajamas, because the colors of Hanukkah are blue and silver.  I didn't know that until I first met Hodel - then I understood why American Girl always sells a red dress and a blue and silver dress for the holidays!


Here is what I put on my list:
Camera
Fancy dress
Nancy Drew or other detective stuff
Penguin stuff
Stuffed animal
Doll
Robot that talks
Books

I never get everything on my list, and I usually get some stuff that I never even thought of.  So it is always exciting to get up on Christmas morning and see what's under the tree!  Hodel wasn't sure what to put on her list and kept asking me what I was putting on mine.  I guess it is a little weird to ask a magical stranger to bring you presents when it is not something you grew up doing. 

I can't wait for tonight - we are going to try and stay up as late as we can in bed so we can listen for any signs of Santa.  Once I swear I heard a reindeer whinny from up on the roof!

2 comments:

  1. Christmas pajamas top my Christmas shopping list. I have bought new Christmas Pjs from SleepyHeads.com. They are very soft and cozy, and are perfect for keeping you warm in chilly winters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute photo of your guys! I hope you get some wonderful presents!

    ~ Kiki

    ReplyDelete